Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"C'est vrainment! "




 Macaroni, bean, & ham soup simmers on the stove.


Fresh escarole, rinsed and chopped, ready to be thrown in for the last few minutes before serving keeps company on the counter with  a basket of fresh baked muffins .
 




The house is clean, the laundry done. I put in my gym time and my office work is caught up. The Pussycats are running surveillance on the bird feeder, so up to the craft room I go . . .

 
before I think of something else that 'has' to be done. 
  
 
Time to play with some of my favorite images.
 
 
 A Regency Miss whom reminds me of sweet Jane Bennet ready for a Christmas Ball.   Snarky Caroline Bingley in carriage costume looks on.  "I sincerely hope your Christmas in Hertfordshire may abound in the gaieties which that season generally brings, and that your beaux will be so numerous as to prevent your feeling the loss of the three of whom we shall deprive you.'' Pride and Prejudice.


 

 Yuletide greens and delicate cups for taking tea. Handsome men and  Christmas pudding.
 
 
A vignette ornament  inspired by 18th century fashion plates.
 


Veronique declares Lady Hildegard's Christmas tree a charming custom.
 

"C'est vrainment! C'est manifique!" exclaims le Compte.
 
Teacup image courtesy of The Graphics Fairy.
 
Many of the fashion plate images, as well as the backgrounds used are courtesy of  EKDuncan, My Fanciful Muse.
 
If I am working on digital art for my own amusement chances are high that the image was courtesy of EKDuncan, My Fanciful Muse. I am forever grateful for her generosity with the images she creates!  If you haven't visited her site yet, I hope you do so soon.
 
I love to play with images from My Fanciful Muse to create digital art inspired by my favorite Regency books. 
 
Created with images courtesy of EKDuncan. 
"Before the Dance"
 (Inspired by the Regency period romance series The Six Sisters, by Marion Chesney.  Marion Chesney also writes the Agatha Raisin Series, writing as MC Beaton.)

Created with images courtesy of EKDuncan.
"The Wallflowers"  Inspired by the Lisa Kleypas series of the same name.
 

 Created with images courtesy of EKDuncan.
"Alliances are Formed" - Sense and Sensibility's Miss Steele and Fanny Dashwood.
 
Created with images courtesy of EKDuncan. 
"Mr. Darcy is Announced" - Pride and Prejudice.