Translate

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Tea in the Library # 5


By the end of July, all our tempers had become strained. It continued to rain, Emerson continued to sulk, Rose continued to snuffle, and Gargery's nagging never stopped. "Oh, madam, you need me, you know you do; only see what happened last year when I was not there to look after you -- Mr. Ramses and Mr. David kidnapped and you carried off by that Master Criminal chap, and poor Abdullah murdered and --"

"Do be quiet, Gargery!" I shouted. "I asked you to serve tea. I did not invite a lecture."

 
Gargery stiffened and looked down his snub nose at me. I am one of the few people who is shorter than he, and he takes full advantage. "Tea will be in shortly, madam," he said, and stalked out.
- Elizabeth Peters - Guardian of the Horizon






Come Join the Fun!

Pink Saturday@ How Sweet the Sound