Translate

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Princess Party Hats and Merry Go Round Cake Topper

 

 
Big or Small . . .
 
 Princesses rule our hearts!
 
 
And fill our lives with joy.
 
 
Naturally their birthday celebrations demand something special. 
 
 
 I dug out a package of party hats, a few sheets of scrapbook paper, assorted trims, and lots of glitter. 
 
(Dollar Tree sells Party Hats  8 or 10 to a pack. There are always a few in the Black Hole behind the lace panel)
 
After printing out a copy of the sheet below, I used pinking shears to cut out the words and sayings. A coating of glitter and they are set aside to dry while I covered the party hats with paper and embellished the hats to my heart content!
 
 
I just ordered more fringed tissue paper festooning. I seem to use a lot of that too! 
 
 

Click on the image then save.


 My  images were culled from my box of 'extras'. You can find  this and similar images at EKDuncan.com
 
 
EKDuncan  and The Graphics Fairy are two of the best (in my book) 'go to' sites for images that have been cleaned up and are ready to use.
 
 
This is one of those projects where more is definitely better. The gaudier I made them the more I liked them. I not sure how I'll display them yet - think it's to much to hope the Princess will wear one!  
 
 
My original plan was to make a menagerie carousel but ran out of time so that project has been set to the side. I did manage a small merry-go-round themed topper.
 
 
I used scraps of vintage cards and printed out
 
 
 
two copies each of the images below. These are from my own collection.  I layered the girls' dress and some other bits.
 Added a little sparkle to finish it off.
 

Love these jaunty little ducklings !

click on images to enlarge  then save

 
  
Enjoy!
 
 
My Blog Party Pick of the Week is
 
The Polka Dot Closet .
 
One look at the makeover highlighted below and I was slapping my forehead groaning, "Why didn't I think of that!"
 

http://thepolkadotcloset.blogspot.com/

I'm working my way through past posts and finding lots of good ideas and fabulous photos. Which is why The Polka Dot Closet is my Pick of the Week.



 
I'll be joining the following parties
 
Hope to see you there!
  
 


Inspiration Monday @ I Should Be Mopping the Floors

Mod Mix Mondays@ Mod Vintage Life

 What's It Wednesday@ Ivy's and Elephants

Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen 
 
Create It Thursday @ Lambert's Lately