Translate

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tea in the Library # 17

.
GATHERING LEAVES


Spades take up leaves
No better than spoons,
And bags full of leaves
Are light as balloons.

 I make a great noise
Of rustling all day
Like rabbit and deer
Running away.
But the mountains I raise
Elude my embrace,
Flowing over my arms
And into my face.
 I may load and unload
Again and again
Till I fill the whole shed,
And what have I then?
Next to nothing for weight,
And since they grew duller
From contact with earth,
Next to nothing for color.

 Next to nothing for use.
But a crop is a crop,
And who's to say where
The harvest shall stop?” -Robert Frost



* * *
Join me at these lovely parties

Rose Chintz Cottage

Tea time Tuesday @ Rose Chintz Cottage
 Teacup Tuesday @ Artful Affirmations



Today Day is a good day to schedule that mammogram you've been postponing .
Have a blessed Autumn.