Translate

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Embracing Winter

 I am embracing Winter



For now I am content with the small pleasures to be found  organizing my office.
I  putter.
No deadline  beside Spring or my own inclination to set aside snowmen and pine boughs.


And why should I hurry the season? 
There is plenty of time for
Skate 

And in the frosty season, when the sun
Was set, and visible for many a mile
 
The cottage windows blazed through twilight gloom,
I heeded not their summons;


happy time
It was indeed for all of us-


for me
It was a time of rapture! Clear and loud
The village clock tolled six- I wheeled about,
Web picture

Proud and exulting like an untried horse
That cares not for his home. All shod with steel,

We hissed along the polished ice in games -Wordsworth
 Chalkboard Printable I used   can be found at:

Everyday Home

Barb graciously allowed me to share this picture.
and

theshabbycreekcottage.com

* * * * *
Please Join me at some of the Best Parties Ever!
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen 
Where it is Time to Make the Donuts at
Priscilla's
 
 

Cottage Style Party@Lavender garden Cottage
Where you will find an especially toothsome selection for your delectation


Inspired Sunday@Sunday View
Where inspiration is found and shared