Translate

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Paper Doily Wreath

   

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I can't resist paper doilies, can you?

 

From the Dollar Tree - where else?













I used them to make this little Valentine wreath.


 

 I used part of a package of Large and part of a package of medium paper doilies. One layer of each size, plus a couple extra where I felt it needed it.



 I rolled the doilies into cones then glued them to a foam board circle. Cardboard would work just as well. I had the foam board on hand so I used it. A medium doily, backed by a hear cut from white card stock is glued to the center, with a bow of cream colored ribbon and a loop of ribbon on the back as a hanger.



It is difficult to see in the pictures, but the word Love is embossed in the center of the heart.


I have been into white, white, white, lately, but I did clip some  vintage Valentine cards to the bunting swaged across my office window. 


The Mother Valentine has the  sweetest verse...
 



My Mother”. . .
There’s no sweeter phrase for lips or heart to say
 
It brings back joyful memories of many a by-gone day
It tells of cheer and gentleness And of love year after year
 
And my sweetest Valentine Greetings go to YOU,
 
My Mother Dear !




***
 
Please join me at these great parties.

Teacup Tuesday @ Artful Affirmations
 
Where you will want to visit Cedar Pond because who can resist
 
 
Tea time Tuesday @ Rose Chintz Cottage 
 
 where you won't want to  miss out on
 
 
 
Cottage Style Party @ Lavender Garden Cottage
where Deb is making her Valentine dollar stretch pretty far
Fun Project

Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen 
Where you won't want to miss
A Homemaker's Motto
(JUST GO!)

Be Inspired @Common Ground
Where you won't want to miss out on Jann's
Plaid Picnic

Pink Saturday@How Sweet the Sound
Where you don't want to miss this heartfelt post
Disappearing Act
Inspired Sunday@Sunday View
I chose to feature this Tag Tuesday Project because it says 'passion and zest for life' to me
 

Italy




Where you will want to check out Easy Peanutbutter Cookies   (no flour!)