Translate

Friday, October 17, 2014

Make in an Afternoon Angel





Black are my steps on silver sod;
Thick blows my frosty breath abroad;
And tree and house, and hill and lake,
Are frosted like a wedding-cake.
- Robert Louis Stevenson


We're in the Pink for Pink Saturday!
This pretty angel is over a foot tall and was made in an afternoon from craft items I had on hand and items I printed out as listed below. Her gown is a piece of cotton batting over some pink net then trimmed with bits of lace and ribbon. Her wings are pages from am old hymnal layered over a sheet of card stock.  I used a piece of chip board as a torso under the cotton batting bodice to give her some 'body'. This angel is displayed on a glass bottle but you can make one over  a simple paper cone - which works well as a tree topper.  I used  5 & 1/2 iridescent pipe cleaners, some hot glue and some craft glue.   
Head, arms and legs are a copy of an articulated ballerina paper doll found here -
Gown and wings were modified from templates below - I printed them out on legal size paper for my template.




Happy Pink Saturday!
Have a Blessed Week!

Susan


Check out all the DIY Projects for Pets Link Party at
Penny Wise 's


Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound

Where My pick of the Week is Karen's Cottage and Castle
you won't want to miss it!


 Plenty of Pink Teapots


Snickerdoodle Sunday @ Meatloaf and Melodrama

Where I found a great recipe for Caramel Popcornballs at
 
Yesterfoods

Keeping It Simple DIY Link Party 

Keeping It Simple