Translate

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Winter Romance in the Dining Room


Romance is the glamour  that turns the dust of everyday into a golden haze
- Amanda Cross


The snow is snowing and the wind is blowing
But I will weather the storm

What do I care how much it may storm?
 I've got my love to keep me warm...



Just you watch those icicles fall
What do I care if those icicles fall?
I've got my love to keep me warm.


 Oh for the gentleness of old Romance... Keats


Spring romance is puppy love. Summer, white hot and gone too quick. Autumn romance is a Sinatra song.  Winter Romance has more to recommend itself  than one ever thinks. Old stories are new and there is much share. That's the real allure of Winter Romance. Someone else who holds our memories. The shared bark of laughter, the quick meeting of the eyes. The Where Were Yous. The yes, I remember it too... Winter Romance is the rereading of a loved but half forgotten book, one whose details have dimmed so that the story is both familiar and new. 

 * * *

'Fireside' dining for an at home Date Night or special breakfast. No bustling wait staff, no TVs!

Long conversations and a second glass of wine? Sambuca with our coffee?
No problem!

I used a card table and 'shopped what I got' to create an intimate dining setting to add some  Romance to Winter. The magazine spread below served as my inspirational jumping off point. Looking at the picture I made a list of elements.


A pair of old skates, red plaid, some weathered wicker, clear fairy lights, sheers, black and white. Linen and lace. Greens. Then I walked around the house gathering items that tied into the list or had a similar feel. However, I'd been using fruit as decoration and was ready for a change. I bought a lovely bunch of white roses at the grocers. Love them with baby's breath and Blue Spruce. Definitely kicks up the romantic appeal.


Thank you for stopping by and checking out Winter Romance in the Dining Room.
Hope your winter is full of romance too!

 * **
Have a blessed week.
Susan

If you love winter decor featuring red and white,woodsy or rustic elements check out these great posts


http://www.21rosemarylane.com

DSC00506


I'll be joining these great parties. 
Hope to see you there!

Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Metamorphosis Monday@ Between Naps on the Porch