Translate

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Tarnished Romantic Tablescape

A couple weeks ago I shared the posts that inspired  my Tarnished Romantic Mantle  in  Add Shabby Chic Style.  But not the mantle it inspired! 


This was a 'shop whatcha got' project.



The mantle has since been changed to something simple.



But I thought it would be fun to do a romantic table with the elements I had used on the mantle. 














While setting this table I was thinking of the E.M. Forester book, Room with a View. Perhaps you have read it or seen the movie?

Room with a View (Ivory, 1985) DVD
A Room with a View 

Those of us who have a taste for things Victorian, and Edwardian will be acquainted with it. It is a favorite of mine and I was thinking of the scenes of Lucy (Helen Bonham Carter) and Poor Cousin Charlotte (Maggie Smith) in Italy. 

 
I think it is a perfect date night at home movie.
I will be playing Pucci and serving a rustic Italian meal of soup and bread. Perhaps a glass of Chianti. Some coffee (served in espresso cups maybe?) and a scoop of homemade ice cream and a biscotti.

Ditalini pasta, ham, carrot, onion, some fresh garlic, diced tomatoes, escarole and bean. I serve it with a drizzle of the good olive oil  and some freshly shaved Parmesan cheese.


  Rustic Italian Bread

Room with a View - 眺めのいい部屋 オリジナル ...
Room With a View Sound track clip

The weather is changing. There is much to do outside this year. Soon my focus will be the garden and the beach. For now though,  some tarnished romance on a cool Spring evening.

Wishing you a blessed week.
Susan


Please join me at these great parties

Home Sweet Home the Charm of Home 

Ivy & Elephants Whatsit Wednesday