Translate

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Down the Garden Path


To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee, One clover, and a bee, And revery. 
The revery alone will do, If bees are few.
-Emily Dickinson

Royal Winton Beehive
Royal Winton, a lovely cottage gardeny hive honeypot. I've never seen this one.


 


Aren't these lovely? I have never seen Royal Winton Beehive in 'person'. I am afraid it would be very costly judging by the going prices on eBay.
For a proper English garden one must have some foxglove or hollyhocks, and an old bee skep. There must be daisies too, and a worn bench.


“A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in--what more could he ask? A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars.”
  Victor Hugo, Les Mis√©rables


Here is a little image I made and am printing out wallet size for card making. Below is the version I made to use for book marks and tags. I included the images I used cleaned up and ready for use at the bottom of this post.


My only flowers right now are the violets blooming in the lawn! We let the grass grow long and go to seed before the 1st cutting of the season and do not mind how untended it looks.  This gives the roots plenty of time to grow deep and the birds love the seed. My book rests on my lap and I sip my tea and watch a fussy and industrious bird bend the stalk over and work it's way to the tip like a human with an ear of corn.

Consider the birds of the field .... the same everlasting Father who cares for them, cares for you...

 Jann at
 Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
 inspired my search for bee hive related china and bee skeps, and hence this post. 
Check it out.



For lovely photographs and information on skeps and bees visit  Lord Cowell




And here are some images cleaned up and ready to use. Enjoy!











Have a Blessed Week!

Susan

I'll be joining these great parties.
 Come join the fun and 
Bernideens Friends Sharing Tea
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups
Martha's Favorites - Teacup Tuesday 
 Bella Rosa- Let's Talk Vintage
Whatsit Wednesday @ Ivy & Elephants
Share Your Cup @ Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday 
Home Matter at Life with Lorelai
Pink Saturday@ How Sweet the Sound
Please check out my picks of the week.

My Sentimental Life
 

Watering Can Collection  

Be uplifted by Bernideen's
Sunday Celebration 

Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups
Road Trip! A lovely visit to Harrods