Translate

Monday, July 13, 2015

Tea and Lemon Cake



 Today I want something teeth-achingly sweet for tea.
This semi-homemade lemon cake* is as dense as pound cake. It has no trouble holding up an extra-thick layer of frosting. Flecks of lemon zest add a bright point to the cake. 


I will eat it outside. Lick my fingers clean. Wash it down with 
cups of  English afternoon tea. I do not know why it should be, but a cup of hot tea cools me down. I take it slightly bitter as a counterpoint to the icing.


 The day is fine.
It is a day to memorize. Hot dry air, bright blue sky.
Bees and white butterflies whisper over the 
lavender.


 While hot pink petunias shout Summer!



Keep Calm sign.
Base coat an inexpensive canvas with acrylic paint. 
Add 1 wall sticker from the Dollar Tree. The shine stands out in the photos. 
Real life it is more  painting like 

 Have a blessed week!
Susan

* For 'Semi-home made' read - did not follow directions exactly.  I added some very fine lemon zest, a squirt of lemon juice, and used olive oil instead of veg. oil. I know big deal, right?


Come Join the Fun at these great parties!

Submarine Sunday@ USS Crafty 

And check out this laptop case T'onna made.


Ruth takes us to a Lavender Festival
 and scrumptious 
Tea at the George Washington Inn

Tuesday Cuppa Tea @ Antiques and Tea Cups
Tea with Sandi is always a pleasure. Today she shares some
crisp blue and white, including some Deft that has me sighing.

Tuesday Cuppa Tea @ Rose Chintz Cottage