Translate

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Tea in the Library #66

Pink Teapot Hall
Noritake Snowflake tea cup


 Rainy days should be spent at home with
 a cup of tea and good book. Bill Watterson
Did you notice the tree in the background? A work-in-progress for a Christmas display.


The cup is Noritake Fine China,Japan, Snowflake.
The pattern reminds me more of Queen Anne's Lace than a snowflake.  
Can you see the resemblance?
Botanical Illustrator
The tea pot is by Hall. 
The pink and gold is very mid century, but the design feels Deco.
I love nursery planters!  This one holds some daisies and pink roses buds. 
The electric candle in the center of the arrangement is painted metallic pink. The bulb is coated with pink silicone.

The book I am reading is one of the Six Sisters Series, by Marion Chesney, who also writes as M.C. Beaton

 It is as sweet and as fun as pink bunnies and tiny gold spoons.
"Now, I hate being forced to do anything. My nurse used to tell me to eat boiled cabbage because it was good for me and I've detested it ever since. You've been told this marriage is a good thing and so you detest the whole idea. You look on me and you see boiled cabbage."
"Not quite," giggled Deidre nervously. - Deirdre and Desire. Marion Chesney

Have a Blessed week!
Susan
 
Join me at these great parties, and check out my picks of the week

Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound

Where my Pick of the Week is 

Debbie Goes Shabby



Submarine Sunday at USS Crafty
Where my Pick of the Week is
 
An Elegant Tree


The Charm of Home - Home Sweet Home
Where my Pick of the week is

Quaker Hill Cottage

My Wild Card Pick of the Week is from Pinterest
If you like Romantic, Shabby Pink decor check out
 Things for My Shabby Chic Dream Home

Romantic Cottage:
Things for my Shabby Chic Dream Home

Recover a boring dining room chair with a shabby cottage style Slipcover sewn with a full skirt; great bedroom or dressing room chair. Recycle, upcycle, repurpose, salvage! For ideas and goods shop at Estate ReSale & ReDesign, Bonita Springs, FL:

shabby chic boho curtains. Love love love!:

- Last Thought -
Did you know our friend PennyWise is having a sale?

Fall Sale