Translate

Monday, October 26, 2015

Tea in the Library # 67 The Ritz





tea at the Ritz
Piccadilly circus
london



“Tea at the Ritz is the last delicious morsel of Edwardian London. The light is kind, the cakes are frivolous and the tempo is calm, confident and leisurely.”
Helen Simpson, The London Ritz Book of Afternoon Tea




The British have an umbilical cord which has never been cut and through which tea flows constantly. It is curious to watch them in times of sudden horror, tragedy or disaster. The pulse stops apparently, and nothing can be done, and no move made, until "a nice cup of tea" is quickly made. There is no question that it brings solace and does steady the mind. What a pity all countries are not so tea-conscious. World-peace conferences would run more smoothly if "a nice cup of tea", or indeed, a samovar were available at the proper time.- Marlene Dietrich


DRESS CODE

"Reflecting the elegant nature of the hotel’s architecture The Ritz London has a dress code in different areas of the hotel as follows: Gentlemen are required to wear a jacket and tie for afternoon tea in The Palm Court and for lunch and dinner in The Ritz Restaurant and Terrace. In all other areas of the hotel (The Ritz Restaurant breakfast service, The Rivoli Bar, The Long Gallery) and The Ritz Club, smart casual attire is suitable. Please note that trainers or sportswear are not permitted in any of the hotel or Club’s restaurants or bars."







Forget-me-not cups, or elegant blue?
Which shall we choose as souvenirs?
 


For me, I should choose the elegant blue. It reminds me of  the lovely blue boxes from Tiffany's.



 The Ritz London

I am 'puttin on the Ritz' with a doily under two humble oatmeal cookies.


Although I am not at the Ritz, I  am enjoying a lovely cuppa in my forget-me-not tea cup.

Crown Dorset
Fine Bone China
Staffordshire
England

 It is nice to dream, but I am more at home having tea in the back garden, or over a book in the library, than in the rarefied sanctum of  the Palm Court.

Thank you for joining me for tea in the library.

Susan

 You can also find me at 

Susie's Christmas Cottage


Please join me at the following parties
I'd love to have you join in my link party
 Where my Feature of the Week is an outrageously awesome post by Anne's Attic -
 The Black Hat Society
 witch pumpkin
 You will love the costuming and the decor at this  fabulous invitation-only tea ! I am bookmarking this as one of the Best of the Best. Thank you Anne for the great photo spread.

Last Pink Tea for October @ Rose Chintz Cottage
Rose Chintz Cottage

Friends Sharing Tea

Antiques And Teacups